Charges to your Investment
Are there any one-off charges?
Slater Investments does not charge any one-off fees to your investment, this means that there are:
NO Initial Charges
NO Exit Fees
NO Performance Fees
What are the ongoing charges?
The Ongoing Charges Figure (OCF) shows how much it will cost to invest in the fund annually. This figure encompasses all aspects of operating a fund during the course of its financial year. The OCF may vary between each fund and class and from month to month. Details of the current OCF are available in the latest factsheet for the relevant fund. Factsheets may be found here.
The following make up the OCF:
Annual Management Charge (AMC)
- This charge covers the annual costs of the investment team managing the Fund. It is levied as a percentage of assets, with the level depending on the class you are invested in.
- It is shown on the factsheet for each fund.
- Depositary/Trustee oversight
- Safe-keeping of the Fund's assets
- Auditor fees
- Regulator fees
- Customer Service
- Maintaining investment registers
- Paying out any income due to you
- Sending valuations and Fund progress reports to you
Fund Accounting and Operation
- Complying with investment regulation
- Producing Fund reports
- Valuing the Fund assets
- Calculating the Fund price daily
- Maintaining fund accounting records
The below is an illustration of how charges will be applied to your investment, based on £20,000 within a Stocks and Shares ISA over 5 years and an assumed 5.00% growth rate per year. The below calculation assumes investment in the A class of each fund, figures may deviate between the other share classes of each fund.
Slater Growth Fund - A Accumulation
Slater Income Fund - A Accumulation
Slater Recovery Fund - A Accumulation
* Transaction cost will be displayed once the numbers are positive
**The Net Ongoing Charge figure is as per the Key Investor Information Document (KIID)
Transaction charges are costs incurred by the Fund when trading underlying investments and are taken from the Fund’s capital, meaning they are included in the calculated Net Asset Value (NAV). All transaction costs are included in the final OCF figure (above). This figure is disclosed to all Platforms, available upon request and can be found in our EMT (European MiFID Template), which is available from the Key Documents page. The comprising elements are as follows:
Explicit transaction costs
- Broker Commission: paid to buy and sell securities
- Taxes and Levies: such as stamp duty and exchange fees
Implicit transaction costs
- Arrival Price: the difference between the market mid price at the time of the order being placed with the broker and the price at which the trade is executed